Friday 17 February 2012

Can anyone feel lonely in Delhi?

This is my first blog ever.  I just did not know how to do it, and did not have the time to figure it out. 

I came to Delhi on the 1st October 2011, and it is 4.5 months since I moved to Delhi.  This is a city of 13 million, and if you include the satellite cities, the population is over 20 million.  So, how can I be lonely.  Well, that's how I feel most of the time.  My wife and kids live far away, we meet three times a year, and spend about 10 weeks a year together.  Not good enough.  People I work with are locals - Delhites with families and plenty of friends, and I live in a flat not well suited for partying.  So, there you go.  I am lonely in Delhi.

So I will post blogs from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Reflections from Cemeteries

During the past two weeks, I was at two Cemeteries, one in Colombo, Sri Lanka and the other in Sydney, Australia.  I probably spent about 9...