Tuesday 16 October 2012

Stay away from MMIA Lagos

Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, Nigeria, is a place to be avoided, if you can.  I just came through that, and I will try my best to avoid this in future.  I was checked 12 times from the time I arrived at the airport till the plane departed.  Here's the sequence of checks.
  1. My luggage was checked
  2. My passport and visas were checked
  3. My passport was scanned
  4. I checked in and got my boarding passes.
  5. I got through the emigration
  6. I got through a metal detector
  7. I was frisked
  8. My boarding pass was checked
  9. My visas were checked
  10. I was frisked again
  11. When I was about to sit on my seat, someone was waiting to check my passport again.
Thank God that was the end of it.  Nigeria is notorious for various frauds, scams and crime, and yes, they have to be vigilante.  What they are not is being professional about it.

I am going to avoid this airport in future, and I advise that you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Reflections from Cemeteries

During the past two weeks, I was at two Cemeteries, one in Colombo, Sri Lanka and the other in Sydney, Australia.  I probably spent about 9...